Etna trekking to the Top craters
A popular destination for lovers of high-altitude excursions are definitely the excursions up to the summit craters. Getting to the top is one of the most exciting experiences you can have. Step by step you will cross volcanic fields, basalts, recent lava flows, fumaroles.
The ways to reach the summit can be different. For those who love adventure the route can also take place completely on foot, always sharpening to the experience of a volcanological guide. The help of a guide will make your experience not only safer but also more interesting from the point of view of your knowledge.
DETAILS OF THE EXCURSION
- Meeting point at Rifugio Sapienza in the morning
- Briefing with the guides
- Cable car and special buses up to 2900m
- Trekking from 2900 to the summit craters, lasting about 2 hours
- Short stop at the rim of the craters (depending on weather conditions)
- Packed lunch break and descent back to the departur point
- Duration 7/8 hours.
- Excursion available in Italian, English, French for other languages contact us.
- Price per person 100€
- The experience, is not suitable for people with heart and respiratory problems. It is not suitable for pregnant women and children.
- Wear long pants, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Trekking shoes (if you are not provided you can rent them for about 5 euro)
- Warm clothing (possibility to rent jackets)
- volcanological guide
- Helmet strekking poles
- Ticket for cable car up to 2500m
- Ticket for Unimog up to 2900m
- Transfer from your accomodation to Rifugio Sapienza